Saturday, November 11, 2006

Words to avoid at presentations, conversations and the like and better words to substitute

(These are purely the opinions of the researcher and not based on facts and findings)

To avoidTo substitute
“etc”
“things like that”
.
(Full stop)
”eh”“Having said that…”
“um”“That being said”
“all those things”
“I believe”
“I think”“I’m in the opinion that”
“I know for a fact”“It is a fact that”
“I do not want to waste time”“Since time is limited”
“It has been found that”“Research statistics shows”, always give strong references
“To sum up very quickly”“I will try to make this short”
“Any questions?”“Questions and clarifications are most welcome now”
“Briefly stating”“In a nutshell”
“Yes or no?”“How many people say yes – hands up!”

No comments:

Five tips for the first day of school

1. Start with asking everyone to share some positive experiences 2. Try to remember EVERYONE'S names 3. Have ice breaker activities and ...